- Clear Comparisons Limited (we refer to ourselves as “ClearComparisons”, “we”, “us”, “our” or “website” in this policy document), are committed to respecting and safeguarding your privacy when visiting our website.
- In this policy we explain what type of personal information is collected, used, stored and processed by us in order to provide our service to you.
2. Who is collecting your information
- 2.1 ClearComparisons are an e-commerce company specialising in the provision of nutritional facts and price comparison services for health food items within the UK.
- 2.2 ClearComparisons are the registered Data Controller of your personal information.
3. Why do we collect your information
- 3.1 We process personal information to enable us to provide our services, maintain our own records, and promote and advertise our services.
4. How do we collect information from you
- 4.1 We obtain information about you when you use our website, for example when you complete the Register New Account application form or contact us to make an enquiry regarding our service.
5. What information do we collect
- 5.1 We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- (a) Information that you provide to us when registering with our website including your name and email address;
- (b) Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications including your name and email address;
- (c) Information that you provide to us when using the services on our website, or that is generated in the course of the use of those services including the timing, frequency and pattern of service use;
- (d) Information relating to any purchases you make, viewed or reviewed;
- (e) Information that you post to our website for publication on the internet including your user name and the content of your posts;
- (f) Information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us or send through our website including the communication content and metadata associated with the communication;
- (g) Information about your computer, mobile device or other hardware devices about your visits to and use of this website including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths; and
- (h) Any other personal information that you choose to send to us.
- 5.2 Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this Policy.
6. How do we use your information
- 6.1 We may use your personal information to:
- (a) Create customer accounts on our website;
- (b) Personalise repeat visits to our website;
- (c) Send you email marketing communications relating to our service which we think may be of interest to you, where you have specifically agreed to this;
- (d) If agreed, activities or promotions of our third party affiliates goods and services;
- (e) Provide third parties, such as consultant agencies, with statistical information about our users for trend analytical purposes (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information);
- (f) Create a profile of your interest and preferences so that we can contact you with relevant information. We may use additional information about you from external sources to help us do this efficiently;
- (g) Deal with enquiries and complaints made by you or about you relating to our website;
- (h) Notify you of any changes to our services;
- (i) Seek your views or comments on the products available on our website; and
- (j) Keep our website secure and prevent fraud.
- 6.2 If you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the licence you grant to us.
7. Email marketing and your choices
- 7.1 We would like to occasionally send you information about products and services available on our website and other third party affiliates which may be of interest to you. If you have consented to receive marketing, you may opt-out at a later date to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes.
- 7.2 We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
- 7.3 If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please contact us by email, quoting ‘Opt-Out’ in the subject header to: firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Who has access to your information
- 8.1 We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy;
- 8.2 We may disclose aggregated non-identifiable user information to our affiliate partners or third party advertisers for promotional reasons;
- 8.3 We may pass your I.P address to our third party affiliate partners if you click on the link provided on our website to purchase a product from their website;
- 8.4 We may disclose your personal information:
- (a) To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- (b) In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- (c) In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others such as agencies, for the purposes of fraud prevention);
- (d) To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
- 8.5 We do not rent, sell or share your personal with any other company.
9. Retaining your personal information
- 9.1 Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes, for example until your account is closed.
- 9.2 We will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal information:
- (a) To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- (b) If we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- (c) In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including fraud prevention).
10. Security of your information
- 10.1 We take the security of your personal information very seriously and will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information;
- 10.2 We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers;
- 10.3 You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access as set out in this policy;
- 10.4 You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our website confidential; and your own firewall protection up to date. We will not ask you for your password (except when you login to our website).
11. How you can access and update your information
- 11.1 You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to:
- (a) The payment of a small administration fee for providing the information held to you; and
- (b) The supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
- 11.2 We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
- 11.3 If you change your email address, or any of the personal information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at: email@example.com
12. Personal information held for persons under 17
- 12.1 You must be at least 18 years of age to use our website as detailed in our Terms and Conditions.
- 12.2 If you are aged 17 or under, please ensure that you get your parent / guardian’s permission before you provide us with any personal information.
13. Third party websites
- 13.1 Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of third party websites, such as our affiliate partners who are the providers of the products available on our website.
- 13.2 We have no control over and are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of third parties. You should check the applicable privacy policies of such third party websites to determine how they handle any information they collect from you.
- 14.1 A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by an organisation to your web browser to allow that website to recognise you when you visit.
- 14.2 Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
15. Policy amendments
- 15.1 We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
- 15.2 You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
- 15.3 We may notify you of changes to this policy by email.
16. Our details
- 16.1 Our registered address is: 12 Constance Street, London, E16 2DQ
- 16.2 You can contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 16.3 This website is owned and operated by Clear Comparisons Limited.
- 16.4 We are registered in England and Wales under registration number 10936618
- 16.5 Our data protection registration number is ZA303604
Effective Date: 1 January 2018